Ancient Rome was initially a monarchy, but it transitioned to a republic after the death of Julius Caesar in 44 BC. A democracy is a form of government in which all citizens have the right to vote and hold public office.
The Roman Empire. Or Republic. Or...Which Was It?: Crash Course World History #10
Accepted 61 Votes
- How was yogurt made in ancient times?
- What kind of food did the ancient Egypt eat?
- What is an ancient Greek marketplace called?
- Was ancient Rome a democracy or republic?
- Did ancient Mesopotamia have mountains?
- What is a basilica in ancient Rome?